Equestrian Units Rules & Regulations
Fiesta Bowl Parade
The success of the Fiesta Bowl Parade depends on quality equestrian units such as yours. We require all Parade participants to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. The theme for this year’s Parade is “Spirit of the Southwest.”
2. All entries must carry proper insurance. Entries are required to have a minimum of $1,000,000 liability per group, listing the Arizona Sports Foundation, Fiesta Events, Inc., and the City of Phoenix as an additional insured. A certificate of insurance must be on file at the Fiesta Bowl office or your entry will not be allowed to participate on Parade day. This certificate must indicate the name of your organization as it appears on your application.
3. There is to be no consumption of alcohol before, during or after the Parade. Alcohol is not permitted on the Parade route or in the staging/destaging areas. This is a violation of state law 4244.20 and will be enforced. Violators are subject to a maximum of a $750.00 fine, four months in jail, or both. If alcohol is found amongst your group, you will also be asked to leave the Parade and will not be invited to participate in the Parade in the future.
4. No riders/handlers under the age of 18. All riders will be required to sign an indemnity agreement.
5. Absolutely no borrowed or rented horses will be permitted to participate in the Parade.
6. All horses must be clean, well groomed and sound. There will be Parade Committee members inspecting all units.
7. Entries must keep moving along the Parade route at all times. Under no circumstances should any group stop or slow down for theatrical presentations or otherwise. Failure to comply will result in immediate removal from the Parade. Only designated Parade representatives may instruct units to alter the pace of the Parade.
8. No commercial signage may be displayed by your group, in any way, without prior sponsorship approval from the Parade Committee. A written agreement is required for all commercial exposure and all fees must be paid in full (if applicable) prior to performance.
9. No objects (candy, coupons, confetti, etc.) may be handed or thrown to the crowd during the Parade. This includes distribution of any materials to any observers along the Parade route. This is a requirement from the City of Phoenix Police Department and is for the safety of all parties. Failure to comply with this request will result in immediate removal from the Parade and will eliminate consideration for future Parade appearances. Hand-outs also cause excessive littering along the route, cost for removal of these items from the route will be the responsibility of the violating group.
10. All performances must be staged in a professional manner. All music, costuming and other equipment is subject to review by the Parade Committee. Any items not meeting the approval of the Parade Committee are subject to modification and/or removal by Parade representatives.
11. Application information provided to the Parade Committee will be used, among other things, to identify potential Parade participants. This information is also used in establishing the Parade order of entries, for staging/destaging purposes and as script text. The Parade Committee will, on a best-effort basis, attempt to utilize this information in any and all scripts. Final scripts, however, are the sole discretion of the Parade Committee and the broadcasting network.
12. After one warning, and per judgement of any Parade official, if an animal mounted or escorted is deemed potentially unruly or unsafe as to create a potential hazard to its owneror any secondary performing party and/or spectators, that animal and/or trainer deemed unsafe will be instructed to leave the Parade or staging area immediately. Furthermore, in the instance a performer and animal are instructed to leave the staging area or Parade route, any disorderly conduct between the said individual and/or his accompanying group as so deemed by a Parade official(s), may result in the ejection of the entire performing group. In the event any group is ejected from the staging area or Parade route that group stands to forfeit participation in future Fiesta Bowl Parades.
13. There will be a veterinarian available in case of an emergency.
14. All participants must have fun!