Volunteer Waiver and Release of Liability
- I agree to assist the Fiesta Bowl Organization (comprised of four separate entities: Arizona Sports Foundation, Valley of the Sun Foundation, Fiesta Events, Inc., and Arizona College Football Championship Foundation, collectively known as the “organization”) as a volunteer during the 2012-2013 season.
- I also understand that I will not be compensated for any time spent volunteering, nor am I entitled to benefits, including employment insurance benefits upon the termination of this agreement or as a result of this service.
- I am aware that participation as a volunteer may require certain physical requirements (i.e., standing for long periods of time, lifting objects 15lbs or more) and will require the exercise of reasonable care to avoid injury. I am voluntarily participating in this activity with knowledge of the hazards and potential dangers involved, and agree to accept any and all risks of personal injury and property damage.
- The opportunity to volunteer for the organization I hereby agree that I, and my assignees, heirs, guardians, and legal representatives, will not make a claim against or sue the organization or its employees, agents or contractors for injury or damage resulting from the negligence, whether active or passive, or other acts, however caused, by any of its officers, employees, agents, or contractors of the organization as a result of my volunteering. I HEREBY RELEASE AND DISCHARGE THE ORGANIZATION AND ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND CONTRACTORS FROM ALL ACTIONS, CLAIMS, OR DEMANDS THAT I, MY HEIRS, GUARDIANS, AND LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES NOW HAVE, OR MAY HAVE IN THE FUTURE, FOR INJURY OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM MY PARTICIPATION IN THE PROJECT.
- I UNDERSTAND THAT IF I AM INJURED IN THE COURSE OF THE PROJECT, I AM NOT COVERED BY THE ORGANIZATION’S WORKERS’ COMPENSATION PROGRAM. I authorize the organization to seek emergency medical treatment on my behalf in case of injury, accident or illness to me arising from my involvement as a volunteer. I understand that I will be responsible for medical costs incurred by such accident, illness or injury.
- I understand that the materials and tools provided by the organization are and remain the property of the organization and I agree to return these tools and any remaining materials to the organization at the end of my volunteer service.
- I have read and will abide by the Volunteer Code of Conduct and other policies set forth in the volunteer handbook.
- I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY, AND SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.