Fiesta Bowl Junior College Shootout Hosted by Mesa Community College
Basketball tournament held December 27-29 brings top talent to the Valley
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, December 23, 2013
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. - Eight of the best Junior College Division I teams will take the court in the Fiesta Bowl Junior College Shootout at Mesa Community College's Theo Heap Gymnasium on December 27-29.
The three-day Shootout will showcase South Plains College from Levelland, Texas, ranked No. 2 in the nation in junior college basketball, No. 12 Monroe College and defending champion No. 14 Salt Lake Community College Bruins. The eight participating teams have an overall record of 84-17.
The eight participating teams are:
- Mesa Community College - Mesa, Arizona
- San Bernardino Valley College- San Bernardino, California
- South Plains College - Levelland, Texas
- Salt Lake Community College - Salt Lake City, Utah
- Central Arizona College - Coolidge, Arizona
- Williston State College - Williston, North Dakota
- Laramie County Community College - Cheyenne, Wyoming
- Monroe College - New York, New York
The tournament tips off on Friday, December 27 and concludes with the championship game at 8 p.m. on Sunday, December 29. Games are every two hours from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. Each team is guaranteed to play three games. The teams that fall to their opponents on the first day will play in a consolation bracket. The same is true of the semi-finalists.
With four games daily, college basketball fans can see some of the most talented junior college players in the country for $15 a day or take in all 12 games, including the championship game, for $35 with a tournament pass.
For media inquiries, please contact Wayne Block at email@example.com or phone (480-461-7543).
- 30 -